Gallery

Friday, August 16, 2013

Animal, vegetable or mineral?...

It has been a while since I have been to the beach, so today I thought it about time to take my camera out in the summer rain and see what could be found.

It is a gloomy day, although the sky brightens as I search for something to point a lens at. It's the same old deserted beach scenario...until I come across this (left). For the time being I'm not saying what it is, and will leave it up to the interpretation of the viewer.




As I write, the early evening sky is clear. It looks promising for a fireworks shoot.







24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/500 second at f/8. -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400



© 2013

4 comments:

Nic said...

Blimey. I've been staring at it for ages. I thought it might be inside a crab shell but I'm not sure why it would be cut off so sharply. Or maybe a fish mouth? Or a mouth of something fish-like? Or the foot part of a pink flip-flop, or a very small pink boat, or a guava fruit, or me sticking my tongue out at you. :)

Richard Brewer said...

Nope. Guess again, Nic.

Tim O'Keefe said...

Well, will you tell us or not? The suspense is killing me.

Richard Brewer said...

I will reveal all soon enough, but first I have to take another shot from a more 'normal' perspective as I only took the one that day.